TRICKS OF THE TRADE: A PLAYERS' AID FOR SPI’S 'MODERN BATTLES I & II'

For those players who are not familiar with SPI’s MODERN BATTLES I and its successor, MODERN BATTLES II, this is a pair of quadri-games that deal with contemporary (1970s and newer) conflicts, both real and imagined. Each of the four games that collectively make up one of these larger quadri-games comes with its own map, one hundred cardboard counters, and its own Exclusive Rules booklet. The larger game includes two sets of Standard Rules and two sets of Game Charts and Tables that together cover the basic architecture and game operations for the MODERN BATTLES Game System. Oddly, the one player aid that is conspicuously missing from both MODERN BATTLES I & II is a Turn Record Track. Since a number of the individual MODERN BATTLES games are fairly long, this omission is both noticeable and frustrating. Finally, after losing track of which move both I and my opponent were on for what seemed like the umpteenth time, I decided to correct this problem once and for all. The following MODERN BATTLES GAME TURN RECORD TRACK is the result. I hope that those players who already own a copy of either one of the MODERN BATTLES games will find this “Player Aid” useful.


Click on the image to view a larger version.

Click here to obtain a downloadable Adobe Acrobat (.PDF) version.

1 comments:

Post a Comment